Friday, July 19, 2013

Subconscious culture shock

Last night I dreamed that a group of Palestinian protesters burned a US flag in a public event, but instead of the national anthem, they played the theme song from the NBC Nightly News. I called Brian Williams to ask him if he'd seen this and if the protesters had the rights to the theme music. Mr. Williams told me that I should call them to ask, and also made me eat a taco.Then President Obama showed up to our choir rehearsal and made us sing Disney songs while he danced around.

This, I suppose, is what my subconscious notices about being back in the USA? Copyright laws, evening news, tacos, Disney, a President who dances...

'MURICA?

Side trivia note: Did you know the NBC Nightly News theme was written by John Williams? It does sound very Williams-esque once you stop and think about it.


1 comment:

  1. I did know about the theme song and it is awesome! Not as good as "Enter the Heroes," but John Williams sure has a flare for dramatic music. I'd be interested to hear his arrangement of a hymn.

    ReplyDelete